Your Welfare Rights
A Guide to BC Employment and Assistance
This booklet explains:
- who is eligible for welfare,
- how to apply for welfare,
- what benefits are available,
- your responsibilities while on welfare,
- how to appeal a decision about your benefits, and
- how to get more information or help.
Note: This booklet sets out welfare law, regulation, and policy as of March 2014. There have been significant changes to welfare law since then. Contact an advocate or your local ministry office (see page 143) to double check whether the information in the booklet is still accurate and up-to-date.
See also: Social Assistance on Reserve in BC